Voting

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Relaxation...

So since I've been home from school, there is only one word to describe my time : RELAXATION! And it is perfect! From this past year of school I was just so burnt out. Up until May I literally have studied everyday since last June when I started nursing school. And I know there are tons of people taking way more classes and way harder classes than me, but still I am so tired of living in the library. Therefore I have made it my goal this summer to come home and just read and hang out with friends from home, be with my family. I look at it as taking time to spend time with me, doing whatever I want.. Weirdo-comment, I know.

But really I haven't had time to read books that I wanted to read all year, and believe me I am making up for that now! In t.he past wk and a half I've read 3 books and about to finish my 4th. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE to read! As my friend Sara jokes with me, my 3 favorite things in life are nursing, reading, and taking baths....yep, as boring as that sounds, that's me, that's my life. And I love it! ha! So if you got any book suggestions, comments, reccomendations, or anything of that sort...you know who to talk to!

I have also been to the movies with Lauren 2x in the past 2 wks....another luxery of being a bum this summer. We saw Water for Elephants last wk, and then last night we saw Something Borrowed. Both so great! (Side note: we had to read the books before we saw the movie, hence the viewing delay).

I am really really enjoying spending time with Lindsey and Lauren this summer. It's been so long since we've been able to hangout like this! Me and Lindsey are on our "house-wife" theme.. haha, its so funny, because we both are the farthest people from becoming house wifes' any time soon! We are doing what we call "Mom-hills". Definition: Gunter's Landing has some massive hills throughout the neighborhoods, so we have been walking those at high-pace, with swinging arms = Mom-hills. Lindsey and I have just been doing about everything together and I love it! Lauren and I have been catching dinner and movies together and its been so great to finally catch up! She is getting married in August! Ah I can't believe that! I am so blessed to have the opportunity to spend the summer with these 2 wonderful young women!

Also I have become quite domestic while being home. Most of you are probably laughing out loud right now at that thought, it's ok you may continue. But really, I made a really good dinner the other night (pan-seared tilapia, rice, beans, and then pudding cups for dessert!) That is a legit meal for me, and my family loved it! Which is a huge deal! So watch for more domestic-ness to come!

My best friend eva.. Sara is heading to East Asia on Saturday for a 6 wk mission trip with Campus Crusades! Please please keep her in your prayers! She is absolutely amazing and I know she is going to have a wonderful experience over there! So please keep her in your thoughts! I know you'll be in mine everyday sara lewlew! Love you!

Until I write again..

"Above all else, gaurd your heart, for everything you do flows from it." Proverbs 4:23

No comments:

Post a Comment